Q: Red Mini MKII colours '69

This is a serious Mini Question about red paint.. Spammers - go get a life...
Q: Which red is the most correct red paint for an Austin Mini MKII 850
Saloon (standard - not De Luxe) - two possibilities: Signal Red or Flame Red?
My Austin Mini MKII 850 Saloon from december '69 needs a paint job.
But I'm in doubt about the red colour. The Mini is a "patchwork" car which have been used and abused in its history... The panels have a slightly different red colour.
Theres no ID-plate - and British Motor Heritage Certificate says "no colour information" ;-(
A repaintes boot lid had an ID from a "Sikkens" paint - BLCV258 which is "Signal red". But much of the other red paint is more like orange - maybe "Flame red"?
Have tried www.minicolours.co.uk but no pictures on the site anymore...
Motip colours are 41450 for Signal Red and 41600 for Flame Red
Also tried Lindsay Porter: Mini Restoration Manual..
Which paint was the most common for my car in 1969-1970? And which one looks the best? (And maybe most "mini-like"..) And why did BLMC have two very near red paint colours?
Best regards from windy Copenhagen, Denmark to al MiniFans!
Henrik S.
On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 10:45:48 +0200, Henrik S.

they can be seen in the 'archive': http://web.archive.org/web/20060831045743/www.minicolours.co.uk/list.cgi?code=C
HTH, Theo van den Bogaard

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:24:49 +0200,

That is a really useful link - thanks, Theo!
--
Regards, Chris (Please take out my car to reply by plain text email)
---1967 Riley Elf---1978 Mini 1000---1971 Mini Clubman---
Chris Bolus wrote:

You silly love-boys....
snotty schreef:

Yak, silly kiddies, for real men check this out:
http://www.hairyboyz.com /
Yum!
--
|_|0|_| Registered Linux user #394093