Q: Red Mini MKII colours '69

This is a serious Mini Question about red paint.. Spammers - go get a life...

Q: Which red is the most correct red paint for an Austin Mini MKII 850 Saloon (standard - not De Luxe) - two possibilities: Signal Red or Flame Red?

My Austin Mini MKII 850 Saloon from december '69 needs a paint job.

But I'm in doubt about the red colour. The Mini is a "patchwork" car which have been used and abused in its history... The panels have a slightly different red colour.

Theres no ID-plate - and British Motor Heritage Certificate says "no colour information" ;-(

A repaintes boot lid had an ID from a "Sikkens" paint - BLCV258 which is "Signal red". But much of the other red paint is more like orange - maybe "Flame red"?

Have tried

but no pictures on the site anymore...

Motip colours are 41450 for Signal Red and 41600 for Flame Red

Also tried Lindsay Porter: Mini Restoration Manual..

Which paint was the most common for my car in 1969-1970? And which one looks the best? (And maybe most "mini-like"..) And why did BLMC have two very near red paint colours?

Best regards from windy Copenhagen, Denmark to al MiniFans!

Henrik S.

Reply to
Henrik S.

they can be seen in the 'archive':

HTH, Theo van den Bogaard

Reply to
t.a.j.m.vdnbogaard

That is a really useful link - thanks, Theo!

Reply to
Chris Bolus

You silly love-boys....

Reply to
snotty

Yak, silly kiddies, for real men check this out:

Yum!

Reply to
ml2mst