Right hand tank,

Hi People, I am looking for a right hand fuel tank, anyone know of a good supplier, Thanks Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Try Wood & Pickett or Mini Spares they are a bit pricey though see:-

You could always try modding a left hand tank I got these photos when I was thinking of doing that. (I think they were from Rocky Frisco, it was a couple of years back now).

Turbo Jo

Thanks Jo, That looks like serious re-modelling, but proves it can be done if your determined, cheers Fitzy

Fitzy

I did look into it sometime ago but it was too difficult looking at the pics its not that simple. The whole shape of that top bit has to fit the wheel arch them poke out the hole in the correct alignment. Far simpler to buy the correct one.

The alternative is to install a dummy filler neck.

Reply to
Rob

Reply to
Fitzy

I actually picked up a RH tank with all the fittings,balance tube etc for next to nothing. The car had been scrapped. They are around S/H

Reply to
Rob

Lucky you Rob,, I will just keep looking, I dread going to Minisport for one, its a rip off on a good day, cheers Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

try minispares.com - £50 cheaper than minisport.

RS

Reply to
RS

The 2nd tanks where mainly for use when the mini had a 5.5 gal tank, your minis will have 7.5 gal tanks, so you have a slight advantage, you will have less boot space than with 2 x 5.5 gal tanks, or you fitt a inno tank which holds 8 gallons :-)

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

its on its wheels at last, motors in, wiring is just about complete....just got to fit a fuel cell, seats and interior trim harness's and then we should be already to fire her up at long last!!!!!

Reply to
Tim

Thanks for the update Tim, send some pic's when its finished, what engine have you fitted, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy
1380 of course! Forged pistons, wedged/crossed drilled ENB40 crank. S rods, Langman Inclined valve head, S rockers etc etc, bench dynoed at 148bhp at the flywheel!
Reply to
Tim

Sounds like your going to need a pilots licence for that one Tim, There is a guy here in the north west, done something similar, he just uses it for track days, next time I am at his place I will get some photos and the engine spec, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

In message , Tim writes

That's an aweful lot of ponies from an engine that first saw light of day in about 1953 at 28bhp

Reply to
David Toft

Well the good old A' series engine is very adaptable, generally easy to modify & I find it's very reliable when looked after properly too.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

its built around an A+ MG Metro block, so major improvements since the original. Also has the oilways and water ways bored out for greater capacity, high flow oil pump, oil cooler and satelite style filter system.

Radiator is front mounted high capacity alloy jobby from a modern toyota, electrostatic fan as well.

fully built up the car weighs in at just under 500kg. So pwer to weight ratio is up there with modern Porches.

the crank and rods are seroius kit to, as much of the reciporating addtional mass as could be removed has been, so it will spin freer and fast without all that added weight flexing and staring the main bolts. Its all running via and Jack Night Staright cut dog box and LSD.

Reply to
Tim