Wheel balancing

I recently fitted an old spare wheel to the nearside front on my standard Mini Clubman (10"). I now have pretty severe vibration coming up through the steering column and whole front at just over 60 mph. Is this entirely attributable to an unbalanced wheel and is there a way I can check?

Thanks.

Reply to
ln1gaw

"ln1gaw" wrote in Pink crayon

Hi, there's a few things you can do to check this out :

1: change the wheel for a "balanced" wheel (eg one from the back of the car) 2: get the wheel balanced (about £2.50) 3: If the "wobble" only happens in between 60 and 70(ish) mph it will be the balancing

Mick

Reply to
Mick

if the vibration was not there before you changed the wheel, then its 99% wheel balance problem, Fitzy

Reply to
Peter Fitz