'00 Mirage fuel door problem

Fuel door on my daughter's '00 Mirage releases but does not pop open so opening the fuel door has become a two person operation. It looks like that plastic wishbone that is supposed to pop the door when the latch is released has lost its springiness. For now I've put 1/8" vacuum caps over the ends of the plastic springs and it pops just enough so that it doesn't relatch by itself. Can't find a new wishbone online and two different Mitsu dealers claims no part listing. Anybody else have this problem and a better workaround?

Reply to
NickySantoro