01 Montero Sport Shocks

Wanting to replace the shocks on my Montero, any advice on brands? Thanks Malcom

Reply to
Malcom Gillette

Go to the Pajero Owners Club web site

and it's allfree. Regards Reid (1991 Mk2 SWB 2.5tdi 'The Mutts Nuts' )

Reply to
Reid

I was surprised at how much I liked super-cheapo Gabriel shocks I put on a car. A little firmer than stock, and the price was certainly right. Plenty of Mustang guys use those, even on lowered cars. Most car people think they're soft and squishy, but there's a surprisingly large number of SUV and van owners who love the Monroe Sensa-traks, so maybe those work well on SUV-type things.

Reply to
Brad

Check out

and look for the Mitsubishi forums. There are a bunch of Mitsubishi 4wd owners there.

Some questions How much on-road driving do you do? How much off-road driving? Do you load the truck up or usually ride empty? What kind of ride do you like (firm, soft, in between)? Do you foresee any change in driving in the near future?

Without asking some questions, it's impossible to make a good recommendation. What works for one person, may not work for someone else.

Reply to
MG