2000 Montero Sport Front Windshield Washer Tank

I have just bought a 2000 Montero Sport. Didn't notice before I bought it
but there is no tank for the front windshield Washer. Also no pump. Anyone
have any info. where I can get one and where it should be installed? Also I
don't see an elec. plug for the pump.I need info.on how to hook up pump. The
rear wiper and washer works fine.
Reply to
Accord88carb5spd
Ought to be one, as ALL vehicles have windshield washers. Trace the hoses from the windshield washer jets to (presumably) an open hose end. Next check with a wrecker for a replacement. You could also of course go to a dealer.
Reply to
Stewart DIBBS
The tank is almost a 1 gallon tank. The location is just behind the passeger headlamp. The only visible part of the tank is the filler neck and cap right by the headlight housing. The rest is down below this assembly. If missing, check forein parts type junk yards (autorecycling yards)
Reply to
Tester
Yes, it's definately missing. I can see where it should bolt down and have the hose with the open end. What I don't see is where the pump would plug in. Is there any chance the front would work off of the rear tank? thanks for all of the replies.
Reply to
Accord88carb5spd
No It has it's own pump, I'll check mine and get back to you about the details. I know this cause mine froze once. Went to jiffy type oil change place one time in my life and they added watered down fluid to the tank. Dealer replaced tank and pump for me.
Reply to
Tester

Site Timeline Threads