1996 Pajero intercooler turbo 2800

I bought this wonderful Pajero a couple of weeks ago. Very powerful and soft ride to date. A bit heavy on the diesel - 6.5km/l average for the last

2400km.

Small problems so far:: The left rear electric window does not work. The fan motor under rear seat only works intermittently. I can not get hold of a service manual (owners handbook) for this car here in Namibia. Advise and help will be appreciated.

Frikkie from Windhoek, Namibia

Reply to
Efgee

Hi Frikkie

I drive the same year model as you.

Your Pajero was assembled by Samcor in Pretoria if it is standard spec. Samcor no longer has anything to do with Pajero although on occasion when I have hunted for spares they have some still in stock. The new agent is Daimler Chrysler. They prove to be very unhelpful when it comes to dealing with vehicles they did not produce. I spent some time hunting around for a wiring diagram for my super select system and they plainly told me they did not keep technical data on the vehicle.

I would say your best bet for an original owners handbook would be Samcor.

Also your fuel consumption seems excessively high. I get 8,7 - 9 km/l on mine. I find the fuel pump needs to be recalibrated every 20 - 30 000km to get the best results.

Reply to
pajman