2000 Montero Sport - reprogramming keyless remote ?

I just purchased a 2000 Montero sport for my daughter. The keyless remote needs to be reprogrammed. I have no user manual unfortunately. Does anyone have any "free" instructions they can assist me with. I'm trying to avoid the $ 15 manual download, or the $ 50 dealer version, if possible. Thank you

Reply to
Jeff_H

Found wita search engine;

The correct way to program a new or additional key for my Montero. All you have to do is insert your key into the ignition but leave your key off. Insert a jumper wire between Pin 1 and Pin 4 on your DLC. Pin1 is farthest left on the larger side of the DLC. The DlC is mounted under the driver side dash pointing straight down. Once you have the pins shorted immediatly press your hazard switch on and off six times. Your locks will then unlock then lock. Press the lock button on your new remote three times in one minute and thats all it takes. You can follow the same procedure again if you have more than one remote. I currently have three remotes programmed.

Be very carefull to not short out any other wire terminals. Use at your own risk.

GB

Jeff_H wrote:

Reply to
gray-beard