Remote Entry Programming

I have a 2003 S-10 ZR2. Wanted to program my remote entry to unlock both doors with one push of the button instead of two. Followed the instructions in the owner's manual. Now, it still takes two pushes of the remote to get both doors unlocked - but the doors do not lock when I move the transmission out of park. That function has gone away, even though there are no instructions in the owner's manual for changing that feature. Does anyone know the correct instructions for programming the remote as well as getting the gear shift/door lock feature back?

Reply to
Donald Frye

The procedure you did was for the autolock/autounlock feature as listed below this is for when it is shifted into and out of park.. not when pressing the unlock button on the remote... I am researching what you want to do.. I will post by tomorrow if it is possible...Bobo

Programmable Automatic Door Locks If your vehicle has power door locks, they are programmable.

If your vehicle has an automatic transmission it will be programmed to have all the doors lock automatically when the shift lever is moved out of PARK (P). All the doors will unlock when the shift lever is moved back into PARK (P).

On a vehicle with a manual transmission, all doors will lock when the vehicle speed is greater than 15 mph (24 km/h). The doors will unlock when the key is removed from the ignition.

The following is a list of the available programming options and how to set them after entering the program mode:

All doors lock/Only the driver's door unlocks Press the lock side of the power door lock switch once and then the unlock side once. If your vehicle is not equipped with remote keyless entry, you may not be able to utilize this option.

All doors lock/All doors unlock Press the lock side of the power door lock switch once, and then the unlock side twice.

All doors lock/None of the doors unlock Press the lock side of the power door lock switch once, and then the unlock side three times.

No doors lock/None of the doors unlock Press the lock side of the power door lock switch twice. This turns off the automatic lock feature. This is the factory setting.

For more information, see your dealer.

The following instructions detail how to program your door locks. Choose one of the programming options before entering the programming mode.

To enter the program mode, do the following:

instructions

transmission

Reply to
Bobo