2001 Galant - replacing wipers

dumb question - 2001 Mistubishi Galant ES - I can't figure out how to get the windshield wipers off / replaced ??

I'll have to look at my wife's car in the daylight, but in the garage, just looking at the connection point of the wiper, I'm not exactly sure what to push, pull, or break :) She normally has them replaced at the local oil place....

Reply to
P.Schuman

Mitsubishis are a bit different from other cars. The correct procedure is to detach the car from the wiper assembly and then replace it (the car that is).

Reply to
Bhagat Gurtu

Never mind the reply from the "Trol".

Are you replacing the blade only or the wiper with blade?

For my 97 galant, the wiper joins the arm with a clip which clings in a slot. You might have to use something to poke it in while you push the wiper down. If you are just replacing the blade, find the end where two crimps grab two steel plates and work it out from there. Hope this helps.

Reply to
morshedbashir