2001 Ranger Questions

I have recently acquired a 2001 Ranger XLT, 3.0, 5 speed manual, extra cab 2X4. What I know about its past is what Carfax says (clean title, no reportable accidents or major repairs), plus I DO know that it has had a slave cylinder and clutch replaced about 10,000miles ago, new serpentine belt and battery replaced about 5-8K ago, all done by a previous owner in his home garage. Regular oil changes done during its life. Currently runs well, brakes and tires are in fine condition, and a AAA mini-diagnostic checked out generally well for a vehicle with

80K on it. I also know it has only been driven about 40K over the last 7 years, almost all of those miles in a short local commute. (Perhaps a hunting/fishing trip to the mountains once in a great while, too). My question: is there anything I should look for or be concerned with regarding it's age/mileage? Is there a major service coming up? (I don't have the owner's handbook or factory maintaninece schedule). I'd like to keep her running as nicely as she is now, so I won't mind putting a few dollars into her if need be. Thank you for any advice. Frank.
Reply to
Frank Parloverita

Sounds like the person you got it from did a good job of keeping it up. You can download the maintenance schedule and owner's manual from here:

SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

Fantastic, Tom, thanks!

Reply to
Frank Parloverita

Fantastic, Tom, thanks!

Just for kicks and my own peace of mind I always change out all the fluids and filters on a new-to-me vehicle.

Reply to
Old Crow

.

Thanks, OC!