2002 Eclipse Spark Plug replacement

I am looking at replacing my stock plugs and wires with SplitFire plugs and wires. Any input on whether this is my best choice? I am looking for gas saving options primarily. I have a 2002 4cyl GT.

Reply to
Gipsy

NGK wire and plugs. Splitfire is poop. NGK makes a plug with multiple ground electrodes, I believe the suffix on the plug is EKN All wires will work the same as long as they're not damaged. There is a lot of nonsense about plug wire resistance, please ignore it. The guys who spout about this don't understand how things work. Here's a great tech site from Magnecor that explains in depth about plug wires

simpleton

This is a bit off topic, but applicable to your situation...

I put Bosch Platinums in my wife's 99 4 cyl Galant, and she proceeded to accuse me of monkeying with her transmission. I drove it, and it was wayyy down on power. I put the old, worn, nuthin' special factory plugs back in, and the power was right back.

Lesson learned: Spark plugs CAN make a difference in how your car runs. I recommend putting in whatever the factory recommends, but you may have good luck with another. Just be aware that you can make a bad choice in spark plugs.

PS...got my money back from Bosch.

Gerard

Reply to
geewhiz