95 mitsubishi mirage

I recently changed the oil on my 95 mitsu mirage and mistakingly added to much oil.. I drove the car for 5 miles and smoked everywhere. I then parked at home, drained the oil including the oil in the crankcase by removing the oil filter and running the car for a few seconds while it completely drained out. I added new oil to the correct right amount, and the car starts up great. The problem is the car will not run when placed in gear!! HELP Me. Any ideas

Reply to
scoutman

Is this a manual or automatic?

Does "will not run" mean the engine stalls or or if an auto trans, you have no movement in drive.

You could try disconnecting the battery for 30 seconds to reset the ECU. Overfilling oil should not make any difference, but you never know.

Take the intake pipe of the throttle body. Is the pipe inside or body coated with oil? This might be your problem. Clean it all off. Check the air cleaner. Is it clogged with oil or dirt?

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS