97 Galant - Harmonic Balancer

The harmonic balancer came off of my 97 Mitsubishi Galant. The local parts store told us it would be $120+ for a replacement, and we can't even get that for a few days.

Any tips on getting it all back together and stay put until we can get a replacement? Putting everything all back together, belts and stuff, is no problem, but staying put is another story.

Sorry if this seems a silly question, I'm not a car person! Just trying to help out my husband.

Thanks!

--

-Crystal Dreamer

Averi, Born With Wings 09/10/03(take out the trash to reply)

Reply to
Crystal Dreamer

Can't be done. Hire a cheap car and wait till the part arrives.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

the first question is: why did it fall off? was the bolt not torqued property?? you should be able to put it back on with no problems unless it's bent or damaged. If you get it back on, make sure it spins straight and doesn't wobble.

Reply to
Eric F