1992 Ford Tempo Harmonic Balancer Problems

Couple of days ago I made a couple of post about a terrible noise in my son's 1992 Ford Tempo. We thought it was a problem with the air conditioner
because the noise almost went away when the compressor was working. We have since narrowed the problem down to the Harmonic Balancer/ Crankshast pulley.
Apparently there was a Ford general recall for this problem back in April/1994 the TSB number is 94M83. The work was never done on this car and I'm wondering if we where missed or where there certain vehicles on the production line not effected by the general recall? I really don't trust my Ford dealer to give me a straight answer about why it wasn't done under the general recall.
I may not be able to get Ford to do the reapir after so many years but I sure plan on trying. Planning for the worst case senario I would like to here from anyone who has replaced the pulley on one of these cars, any tips would be appreciated.
Jimbo

A TSB is not a recall.
There was no warranty coverage on the harmonic balancer beyond the basic coverage that applied when new.
I know what your saying is correct about TSB's but even though the recall has a TSB number, it is still listed as a General Recall on Alldata's web site.
Alldata lists Safety-Emmissions and General recalls seperate from the list of regular TSB's.
Jimbo
wrote:

conditioner
have
pulley.
and
trust my

the
tips

Generally a TSB numer means it's a TSB, a recall would be numbered differently. I suspect that it's a mistake on Alldata's part, which explains why they are often referred to as 'Somedata.'
Thanks for the info Neil you might have saved me a lot of wasted time.
Jimbo
wrote:

recall
web