BLOWN TURBO CONT'D

Sorry, accidentally hit the send button before I was finished posting. Having a bad day all around.

As I was saying, I think the smaller 1g ex. man. was causing back-pressure (could feel it) as I have a 2.5" exhaust on there. I don't know whether the intake is more restrictive on this car than the ones with the manual trans. As far as running 12psi. on a TDO4 -- does anyone think this puts too much stress on this smaller unit as the factory sets it for 10 psi. or is this an acceptable amount to run? Any thoughts on this matter is well appreciated.

greg

BTW, Is changing the turbo and its connections along with the ex. man. a backyard job or is it better to bring it into a shop and how much would be a fair price to pay just for the labor as I would have all the parts with me if I take it in? And is there anything I be aware of going into a situation like this?

Reply to
Greg