Brake rotors

How do I get the old rotors off, I have tried the conventional method (two bolts thru the rotor) and actually removed the threads trying!! They have some rust but I have never had this happen. Any ideas out there?? Lee

Reply to
Lee Cooper

A B.F.H. (big F'ing hammer) preferably a dead blow, if not protect the rotor with a piece of wood. Strike the rotor on opposite corners to bust it loose. WEAR EYE PROTECTION, rust will fly everywhere. OR, if you have a large wheel/gear puller handy, that will get it off with less drama and toil than a BFH. Clean all of the crap off of the hub and apply anti-sieze when you reassemble things

Reply to
simpleton

Hammer.... or rubber mallot.... i had a problem getting an old tire off once... it had rusted and attached itself... going and getting help from the neighbor resulted in him looking at it, going "HMMMM"..... THUD!.... a nice solid kick to the side of the tire and it fell off.... kicking a roter might hurt.... use a hammer...

Reply to
reluhcsew1

Or even a V.B.F.H. I used a 12lb with a 42" handle once to get some old rotors off an Eclipse, and even with the knuckles off the car, it took 6 Herculean hits to shift them.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS