Buying Galant

I am thinking of buying a 1989 1.8 Gallant with 138,000 miles on the clock. Has anybody got any comments on what to look for, how good the car is?

Any info would be appreciated.

David.

-- snipped-for-privacy@eircom.net

Reply to
David Kay

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 16:37:43 -0000, "David Kay" scribbled:

I have a 1989 Mitsubishi Galant 1.8L here in New Zealand. Mine is the GLX model, which is one up from the base model. It has a 1.8L SOHC 8 valve carburettored engine, however the engine specs vary from country to country. I suspect the Galant you will be looking at has the 1.8L DOHC 16 valve fuel injected engine. My Galant has travelled

367,000kms, and has proved to be very reliable. Generally, they don't rust out as they aren't that old. Mine hasn't got any rust on it whatsoever, although I suspect this will be different in different climates and locations in relation to the salty sea. Overall they are a nice sturdy cruising car. They are very comfortable for long trips.

I hope that helps.

-- Phillip Weston Taumarunui, New Zealand

Phillip Weston