Carisma 1.6 GLXi Cambelt change (1997 model)

Hello,

Does anyone out there know how easy/difficult it is to change the cam belt on the above vehicle? I haven't been able to obtain a workshop manual, so I don't really know what the job would involve, or if any special tools are required.

Look forward to hearing from someone.

Thanks and regards,

Peter (based in the UK)

Reply to
Peter Smith

Depends on the engine. Look at the ID plate on the center firewall. The Carisma is not sold here in Canada, but for 1.6L the engine type is either

4G61 or 4G92. Put another way, you have a 4G6x series or 4G9x series engine.

If 4G61, then find a Galant manual, as these have the 2.0L 4G63.

If 4G92, find a manual for the Colt / Lancer with a 1.8L 4G93. Manual may may include 4G1x series engines too.

Cam belt change procedures are the same the same series of engine.

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS