Pug 1.1 cambelt change costs?????

O.K. it seems exceedingly sensible to change the cambelt on this little Pug that I have taken over to look after. It seems not to have been done. It
will be 8 at the end of August. It has not been driven for 2.5 years. So..... what'll it cost for the cambelt to be changed folks???? Any ideas - so I can start looking for the piggy bank!!!!
Add pictures here
βœ–

Very simple engine design - I'd expect my local guy to charge around £100 for a belt change and oil / filter change.
βœ–

If the poster is all that skint, I usually find selling a child - or stealing a child then selling it (and feigning denial when the law appears) usually works for me; but only with peugeots. Shame.
Add pictures here
βœ–

45 minutes labour plus the price of the belt. On my Sierra it used to be £51 inc VAT. Half as much again on a Peugeot I would say.
--
Regards,
Vince

www.TruckDrivingInRussia.co.uk
βœ–
On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 22:32:42 +0100

Should be no more than £100.00 inc vat and labour Chris Addlestone Surrey
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 22:26:27 +0100

Do it your self,
Add pictures here
βœ–

This is not necessarily sensible advice. I could change a Peugeot cambelt myself if I had a workshop manual, possibly a special tool or two, and a morning in which to do it but it would make more sense to volunteer for some overtime at work and use my earnings to pay a far more experienced person to do it for me.
--
Regards,
Vince

www.TruckDrivingInRussia.co.uk
βœ–
Road says...

Apparently it needs some locking pins and a tensioning tool plus a 1.5kg weight to hang off aforementioned tool.
Other than that, there's nothing overly complicated.
--
Conor,
Grumpy Old Man.

Its not deisel is it ? so what do u need the locking pins,if u take your time removeing everything you will have no problem putting it back in the same place. so good luck give it a go.yes it is a bit tight in the wheel arch but i can do it from top and side, Good Luck from Chris Addlestone Surrey
Add pictures here
βœ–

TO lock the crank and camshaft pulleys in place.
And you need to set the right tension on the belt.
--
Conor,
Grumpy Old Man.

What you on? if you do these every day of the week like i do you dont need any of those tools.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I bet you change belts on Zetecs without fitting a pulley kit as well.
--
Conor,
Grumpy Old Man.

NO WE ALWAYS REPLACE THE PULLEYS IF THEY LOOK WORN WHICH IN MANY CASES ITS A LOT..
Add pictures here
βœ–

<walks off shaking head muttering something about doing the job properly>
You should ALWAYS change them regardless.
--
Conor,
Grumpy Old Man.

Yup, what he said.
--
"For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sun, 4 Jun 2006 20:55:25 +0100

We do . dont matter if they are worn or not.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Pleased to hear it. But that's not what you said. It's quoted above - look.
Peter
--
"For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 14:53:41 GMT

sorry i did silly of me give me a bad name.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Ok. I'll call you Beilzebub.
--
"For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

Add pictures here
βœ–

I've often wondered how necessary they are. If you mark the pulleys so you get their relative positions right, what need for pins?
--
Skipweasel
βœ–