Expo LRV Transmission Swap

I have a 1992 Mitsubishi Expo LRV 5-speed (4G93 engine, F5M22-2XNXL trans) that has syncro problems in 1st, 2nd, & 3rd, and a terrible howl in low speed right-hand turns (assuming diff bearings bad). I want to replace it with a remanufactured unit, but am having no luck finding one at any of the big transmission reman shops. I've never rebuilt a transmission, so was looking at a direct replacement.

Are there any problems with using a transaxle from an 4G63 Eclipse (F5M22-2VPZV) as a replacement? They seem easy to come by. I realize there are ratio changes between the two, but are there any hard part differences that would make this change difficult? (e.g. bolt pattern to engine, bracket differences, etc.)

Thanks in advance for any knowledge you can share.

Dean

Reply to
deanmarple