Funny Clonk but Only When Wet !!!!!

Hi all.

Funny problem realy, I have this clonk on my L200 (X reg ) 115'000 miles

If you turn a corner, not even a sharp one and the weather is damp, I get a clonk. This sounds like it's coming from the middle to the back somewhere of my truck.

If I drive along a straight road and rock the steering, it sound as if the exhaust is swinging back and forth banging against something.

The odd thing is, if it's dry I get nothing, quiet as a mouse.

This has been going on for some time and it's getting annoying.

I dont think that it is the exhaust, because it dont do it when dry.

I can drive around all week in the dry, park up and go out later in damp or wet conditions and this clonk starts as soon as I turn out of my drive, so it's not as though it only happens when the wet gets splashed ont something, purly the damp condition sets it off.

I have replaced all of the suspension bushes and the anti roll bar bushes.

I have had it on a ramp and cannot find anything loose.

Yesterday it passed the MOT even though I told the MOT guy about it, hoping that he would find it and fail it, then I would at last get it sorted. He found nothing wrong.

This truck is the best and most usefull vehicle that I have ever owned, I am lothed to replace as I dont like the new face lift L200, it looks like a space buggy!!

Anybody had this before, or is it a common problem that will go if I replace the widget ? The real question is which widget.

Regards Slim.

Reply to
Slim