G2 Eclipse / Talon 2.0L head gasket problem

Hi, I've read online that the 2.0 L 16-valve DOHC Chrysler 420A engine in the Eclipse / Talon blows head gaskets around 60K. I bought my '96 Eclipse GS about 4 months ago, and it's been seeping oil around the head gasket for at least 8 months (a Mitsu shop also said it was the head gasket).

From what I've seen online, the frequent head gasket failure is caused

by poor head gasket design. How true is this, and if it's the case, what brand do you recommend as a replacement?

Reply to
antosha