Head Gasket Problems 1993 Eclipse

Hello, I recently bought a 1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse. It has a 1.7 liter engine in it. It has a blown head gasket. I pulled the head prepped the head and block for new gaskets. Does anyone know what the proper torque sequence for the head bolts is and the proper torque ratings, procedure for tightening it?

looking to improve the power of this motor. Anybody have any suggestions? The 92 Horsepower just isnt going to do it.

Thanks Sam

Reply to
Samual L. Jones

OK, given that the mass of your Mitsu is not much less than my 1990 Jeep Eagle Talon TSi AWd (yes, I have blown the turbo...much fun!) you are sucking rocks with a mere 92HP. With a turbo-charged engine, you will experience lag, when the boost kicks in, she will kick ass!!!

Next time, Buy a Porsche!

Reply to
Mark Gibson

Don't even bother with the (actually, 1.8L) 4G37. The simplest fix is putting in a 2.0L DOHC 4G63, rated at 135hp. You'd need the related aircleaner and some minor wiring changes, plus the 4G63 ECU. Putting in the

195hp 4G63 turbo is quite a bit more involved, and you HAVE to replace the F5M22 with the stonger F5M33 transmission too.

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS