Heater Problems on 02 Galant GTZ

I know Mitsubishis are notorious for heater problems, but actually mine works...almost. My problem is I need to know how to get to/repair/replace the flapper door that allows the hot air from the heater core to get into the passenger compartment. The heater works fine, but this flapper door gets stuck and won't allow the warm toasty air to get in. It does work intermittently and not consistently at all, but when it does everything's great. I'm guessing I should be able to get through to this door by going through the dash, but before I start taking my car apart I'd like to have a basic geography of what I need to look for. I've got a Haynes manual and wouldn't you know it...it describes what I need to find with a single sentence and no pictures. Aghh!

Any help from this forum or others would be infinitely appreciated.

Thanks, Tim

Reply to
boanerges