HELP: Trunk Light Problem

I have a 92 Mitsubishi Diamante and the Trunk light seems to be working in reverse. When the trunk door is open and up, the light does not work but when you close the trunk around midway the light comes on and even with the trunk all the way down the light still stays ON. For the life of me I cannot figure how the darn thing works. I spent a lot of time trying to locate a sensor swith or a micro switch but came out unsuccessful. I hope there are some auto gurus here that can help me out. All help is appreciated in advance.

Also, another problem is the inbuilt car alarm that seems to have a mind of it's own and goes of randomly. Is there a way to disable it completely?

Thank you again Winston

Reply to
Winston

The lighting works on a switch, as the boot closes it pushes a plastic rod down onto a base plate which turns the power off, open boot rod moves downwards allowing power to come on. I would have a look at teh actual switch and see if it is either broken or damaged. They are cheap enough to replace. As for the alarm, vibration seem sto be your problem, i dont like the snap on wire joiners, the ones where you crimp a wire connector onto the wire, the boot wiring travels along the floor to the back of the car, nearby is also the boot release mechanism, feet can cause hassles as the wires travel under the carpet and maybe have been touched ot disturbed. I buy brass like connectors and solder the wire to the brass connectors for a firmer connection. Some where along your wiring harness there maybe a short or vibration maybe setting off the alarm when the 2 wires are joined. I own a 1986 Diamente or Magna here in Australia and some models do have a small wiring problem that can easily be fixed by proper wire connections.

Hope you had a good new year and also hope you fix your problem

Peter Australia "Winston" wrote in message news:UbSdncGQmuh9SQjYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Peter