I need distirbutor cap help??????

In what order on the distributor cap do the wires go??? I know the firing order, now I need to know where they go on the cap??????

Reply to
cjlbutler

OK, you need to set the engine to Top Dead Center (TDC) compression stroke on #1 Look on the main crank pulley for the timing mark. Rotate the CRANK pulley clockwise till this mark lines up with the marks cast into the front cover. This is located at about the 10:30 position.

You can check if you are at TDC 1 or TDC 4 by taking off the valve cover as checking if both valves are fully shut. The rocker should be on the back of the cam.

You are now at one of the TDC points ie cylinder 1 or 4. Pull off the dist cover, and see what pin the rotor is pointing to. Your dist rotates clockwise as I recall. Set the plug wire to 1-3-4-2.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS