Lack of Power when towing,Please Help

:cry: Can anyone help me !!!!

I bought a auto 1997 LWB shogun diesel a couple of months ago to tow my caravan with, has I needed that extra power or so I thought. Driving the shogie around town/motorway etc is fine, no starting problem, power there when needed and engine sounds sweet but when I?m towing there doesnt seem to be alot of power when you need it, to overtake a lorry or going up hill, it seems to top out at 55/60 mph. Engine revs up to over 4000rpm but would?nt pull me out of bed.

I got advised to block of the EGR valve, which I have done, which got rid of some black smoke but no differance.

Please help, Dave

Reply to
Daj

"Daj" schreef in bericht news:1112759 snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com...

If it's a 2.5TDi check the timing belt, turbo pressure. Also try

Henk