lancer timing belt 03

Do you change the timing belt on an 03 Lancer at 60K or 100K Vince in CA

Reply to
Vince

ALL CA cars by law have 100k mile emission warranty. so as long as the car was originally sold in ca you should be able to go 100k granted you still live in ca.

Reply to
mpberti

Reply to
simpleton

no dumb ass his warranty will be no good! (AH)

Reply to
mpberti

wrong! in ca for some reason the timing belt is concerted part of the emissions i don't know why but in ca only its covered for 100k i I found this out from a friend that owns a dodge dealership in the bay area

Reply to
mpberti

I'm a dumbass?

The belt is the same part number, no matter is it is a Federal or California car and so are the valves that you'll need to replace when the belt snaps. Neither Mitsu's drivetrain warranty, nor California's emissions warranty cover belts. Belts are considered a consumable.

The service interval for every Mitsu that I have ever seen is 60K

Plenty of Mitsu engines make it past 100K without an issue but plenty of them crash their valves too.

Reply to
simpleton

Only items that can cause the vehicle to display a DTC on ULEV are covered. Timing belts do not cause an engine to display fault codes.

Reply to
simpleton