low fuel light

Does anyone know how much fuel is left in a 2007 Mitsubishi Spyder GT fuel tank when the low fuel light comes on? I'm not seeing good gas mileage (car is 2 weeks old) compared to my '98 Sunfire (to be expected but not this bad). I'm at 301 miles right now and I'm guessing I'm about

20 miles from the fuel light coming on which would basically mean only about 18 MPG (city/highway combination). I'd like to hear that the low fuel light comes on with at least 3 gallons remaining.

thanks

Reply to
Brandon McCombs

No. But its easy to figure out assuming all fuel in the tank is usable.

Drive until the light comes on. Fill the tank. Subtract the amount it took to fill the tank from the tanks capacity. You will have a decent idea of what is left when the light comes on. May also be listed in the owners Manuel.

Reply to
columbotrek