Magna struts

Any body help with the know how of the front struts on a 92 model Mitsubishi magna can fit a later model magna ???

A friend gave me new front stuts and want to know if they are interchangeable ?? I think a magna in the U.S.A is called a diamente.

All help is much appreciated

Peter

Australia

Reply to
Peter

What later model year?

The simplest way other than actually trying them is to look at the aftermarket replacement part numbers. If they are the same, then they will fit. You can also go to a wrecker and compare parts.

That said, the answer is probably yes they do fit some later models, to about 1996 or even later. Mitsubishi changed many vehicle models over in the

92-93 years, but the suspension designs were the same until about 1996, perhaps later depending on the vehicle model. The lower strut mounting M12 bolt holes are the same for all car models (handy eh?) as strut angle is defined by the axle knuckle. The thread on the top of the strut is the same for all. What tends to be different are

- the position and angle of the spring cup and the diameter of the spring used.

- the length and diameter of the strut tube.

- The standard shock rates will be about the same (and makes little difference with used parts).

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS