2001 galant - headlight connector stuck

have a 2001 Galant - want to replace the headlight, but can't get the damn connector off without possibly breaking something....

Instructions imply - just pull off the connector, then the rubber boot.

I am pulling the connector straight back, and there seems to be some spring-loaded mounting of the bulb. The connector just won't come off...

ideas or just pull more ?

Reply to
ps56k

just a clarification... This is just getting the electrical connector dislodged from the 9003 bulb. It seems there "might" be some kind of latch on the bottom ? or - it's just stuck from years of attachment :)

next - from reading - you remove the rubber boot, and access the spring loaded "paper clip" holding the bulb, but have to loosen the philips screw holding it down... Who thinks up these crazy mounting designs !!!

Reply to
ps56k

Ps,

I had a headlight connector problem on my wife's '01 Eclipse....the plastic connector had literally melted on the bulb prongs, making it a b@&%* to get off. Mine finally DID come off, tho.

There is a Mitsu TSB on this....just looked at it again, and it does also apply to the '01 Galant. You can buy the new connector pigtail from the dealer and wire it up yourself.

I didn't have to replace the headligh bulb, so I can't comment on how to get the old one out !

HTH

Dean...

ps56k wrote:

Reply to