Aussie site for Magna's

Is there a site here in Australia for any thing to do with my 1986 Mitsubishi Magna. I am searching for info on a small idling module attached to the drivers side of the firewall, it has 2 or 3, 3/16 inch rubbers pipes going from it to the carb. Also the engine light saying ECO on the far right hand side of the dashboard comes on. The car starts ok, revs, but wont idle. It runs rough till ya hit 2,000 rpm and cuts out when it idles.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanx

Peter Australia

Reply to
Peter

You are driving a notorious shit heap. Sounds like vacuum leak. To fix this in Magnas is very simple - pour a few litres of petrol (any octane rating is OK) over the upholstery, leave a window open and introduce flame.

Reply to
Bhagat Gurtu

"Bhagat Gurtu" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hindiblogs.com:

ROTFLMAO :-)

Reply to
Ron

don't mind him. he is just trying to sell you a honda.

Reply to
mpberti

LOL. :-)

Reply to
Dan---

Honda! Pfft - the Japanese pretend Volvo. Certainly a very much higher quality vehicle than Mitsubishi in terms of engineering and design values but not my cup of tea. You wouldn't catch me dead in any Japanese or American automobile. (I do have a Honda powered lawn mower though).

Reply to
Bhagat Gurtu

I've tried that on a couple but they still won't idle properly:-)

Daryl

Reply to
Daryl Walford

Click below,..then click on "forum" in main text this page below

Jason James

There is some serious rice in that forum. That Red Devil car in the Feature Cars section made me want to vomit.

How about the rice cadet in the forum who asks ....

"Hey Guys, With In Car neons, say i wanted 1 under each seat, one for pedals, one for passenger feet and 2 in the boot, are there any issues with runing them all off the same battery, especially with a decent sound system??? And then if i decide to get a full undercar system, what then???"

Reply to
Bhagat Gurtu

Yeah, I know,..but you did ask for a Magna forum,..and that's the only one to my knowledge. The founding member did do some wild mods/turbo boost figures to an Astron II and trans, driveshafts. Turned out some good times for a Magna. Of course you'll find some "pretty" car-owners in every forum.

I had a TN,..the car body-wise was excellent, but the motor was atrocious. On one long trip, I pushed it once, cruising on 120ks to occasional bursts above that. The engine popped two exhaust manifold studs and drank juice like there was no tomorrow. With a decent engine and CVs, and a stronger trans,they would have been quite good cars.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Have you checked or replaced your plug leads?

David

Peter wrote:

Reply to
quietguy