mits diamond spI/spII

mits, diamond sp1 or 2, i was wonder what the color of this transmission fluid suppose to be. I have a 2000 gallant and the transmission's fluid is starting to look a little brownish but i just had the transmissin fluid change 1 year ago. is it suppose be red like all the other transmission fluid?

Reply to
AirborneDSM

I can't speak for your particular car but a 2000 Eclipse has the normal pinkish red fluid from the factory. But I've seen a clearish brown fluid in some vehicles, heck B&M even makes purple trans fluid. I'd smell the fluid, just pull the dipstick and sniff it, if it smells burnt or like it's been hot thats when I'd be worried.

Regards, Chance

Reply to
Chance