My 1995 Mitsubishi Galant with NO REVERSE

hello Viewers Please Help Me: Recently i purchased a 95' galant knowing it was without reverse and a bad ignition/starter. We fixed the ignition and we are now entering the problem of reverse.. We had drained and refill the tranmission fluid and put a new filter on top of the pan. we could depserately need your advice on this subject. And hoping we wont have to pay $2,000 on a new rebuilt tranny. All other gears work fine. But shifting from 1st to second gear is a bit bad. It gives u a jolt in the car like you got hit. Any advice would be much appreciated.

thank you.

Reply to
chrismusser1

It has reverse now? If so, the fluid was probably the correct action. I would suggest a full transmission flush (about 70 bucks) with a Wynn's transmission flushing machine. You will have to go to a shop for that. The machine is several thousand dollars, but does remove all contaminates from the transmission. Just dropping the fluid never get's all the gunk out. Transmission fluid is hygroscopic.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

ok thank you i'll have to try that this weekend.

Reply to
Redmuss