Noisy belt problems v6 eclipse 01

Have a 01 Eclipse 3.0 v6. Loud Squeaking noise was coming from belt area. Replaced BOTH (ac and ps) belts. Noised stop untill engine got hot, but the noise wasnt as loud as before. Next day, while driving the smaller (power steering) belt broke.

Is there any common problems with the bearsing and/or pullys in these automobiles failing. Also If one was to seze up would it cause the belt to break, or was the belt not properly installed.

Thank you.

Reply to
wonderboy

I remember replacing those belts on my Expo with non OEM parts and they were problematic. The Mitsu belts were much thicker than the after market replacements. They were the ribbed typetoo and if I remember correctly the ribs were very slightly different. The PS belt was a squealer until I really put some tension on it. Too much tension for my taste. It finally settled down but I wish I had gotten the Mitsu belts in the first place. I think the ones I bought might have been from Gates? Long time ago though........

Reply to
Outlander

Is there a harmonic dampner on that model? If so, it may have broken and you will keep breaking/loosing belts. I know on the turbo models there was and it was a common, but simple to fix, problem.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know