Outlander rear suspension

Has anyone encountered an irritating squeaking noise coming from the rear suspension of the Mitsubishi Outlander? I was told by the dealership that it is a common problem with the 2003 Outlanders and Lancers. They said that it was due to the cold weather in Canada, the rubber bushings get dry up and cause this squeaking to occur. To solve this problem, the bushings have to be replaced. However, this $10 (Canadian) part has been on back ordered for 2 weeks now and I was told that it would take at least a few more weeks for it to arrive from Japan.

My question is: Has anyone out there encountered this problem and if so, do you have a recommendation for an interim solution?

Thank you in advance.

Luat

Reply to
dang

Go to the local tire place and get a bit of the lubricant they use to fit tires on to rims.

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS

Just a shot in the dark but I would try Silikroil....Kroil is the best aerosol penetrant I have ever encountered and Silikroil has a silicone lubricant mixed in with the Kroil..Works great on freeing stuck brake calipers etc and should penetrate and lubricate your bushings with ease. Available by MO from Kano Labs. They have a website....

Reply to
Outlander