POWER ANTENNA NIGHTMARE

How do I replace a power antenna cable/antenna on a 1995 Misubishi Diamante. I purchase the part from the dealer who said it was easy to replace.. Get what easy it is not.. Any infor would be great.. Many Thanks

Reply to
EAL0564

If yours is like the one in my Starion, it has a whip with teeth on it. If so, you have to turn on the radio to extend the old antenna, rotate it 90 degrees, and pull it out firmly. I'm not sure on the direction of rotation. Inspect the old one to make sure none of the whip broke off. If some is missing, you will need to take apart the housing to remove the pieces.

Installation of the new antenna is the reverse of the old.

Hope this helps,

Diamante. I purchase the part from the dealer who said it was easy to replace.. Get what easy it is not.. Any infor would be great.. Many Thanks

Reply to
Richie Rich