1995 Mitsubishi Diamante power antenna

I hope someone has an answer to this.. I have a 1995 Diamante ES. Car runs great and the only problem is the power antenna gets stuck. I visited the Mitsubishi parts department and they have sold me the antenna replacement. I went to remove the old power antenna which I could not accomplish. What should have been an easy task has turned out to be a nightmare. DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW HOW TO REMOVE A 1995 MITSUBISHI DIAMANTE POWER ANTENNA? Any information would be greatly appreciated. HAVE a HAPPY NEW YEARS !

Reply to
EAL0564