Problems with Colt

Hi,

I posted the problems i was having (and am still having) with my mitsubishi colt in posting "mitsubishi colt engine problems!! please help" on the 26th of January.

I'm trying some of the suggestins that came back from that postings this weekend now i have got hold of a workshop manual.

I do now however have a potentially more dangerous problem with my car in that as i pulled up to a junction this morning my car stalled (like it always does within 5 minutes of running, but this time all electrics died and would not come back online. I proceeded to push my car away from the junction and in doing so heard a click and when i looked into the car the electrics had come back online. Does anyone know what could have caused this problem, bad grounding?? i'm keen to get this looked at incase it happens when i'm driving on a busy road!!

any help is much appreciated as always,

See "mitsubishi colt engine problems!! please help" posting for vehicle specs and details of problem

Reply to
MitsuColtOwner

Yes, check your grounds, esspec those on the engine to body. The click sounds like the MPI relay (that also powers the fuel pump and ECU) clicking back on. The MPI relay is behind the radio i the center console. You may also have to R/R the connectors on the ECU (behind the cover on the RHS A-pillar, near your feet).

While you are at it, take the ECU out, remove the cover and give it a sniff. If there's a fishy smell, or you can see leaking electrolyte from the large can capacitors, there's the problem. Caps can be replaced, and elecrrolyte leaks cleaned up.

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS