Replacing Cylinder Heads

I've purchased a pair of remanufactured heads for a 3000GT non-turbo v6 and would like to re-use the cams & lifters (cam followers some call them). The only thing wrong with the car is the valve guide seals are shot. I had a compression & leak-down down and everything checks out ok. The car smokes only when taking off from a stop and does use anywhere from a 1/2 to 1 quart a week. Recommendations please.....

Reply to
Carl

Take it to a machine shop and have them replace the valve guides. A set of mitsu valve guide should cost less than $100.

Reply to
Eclipsed