Sigma shock absorbers - help please

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knew where I can purchase some front shocks for a 3.0 sigma estate? Here in the UK they want =A3268+VAT each !!!

Are there any after-markets suppliers, or failing that are there other cars that share a similar spec?

Cheers

Reply to
Greystoke

for a 3.0 sigma estate? Here in the UK they want £268+VAT each !!!

Thats about C$600 each. Do these struts have pneumatic inserts, or are they just ordinary hydraulic struts?

Early 90's Galants had a small compressor that varied the damping via a dash switch, and were horrendously expensive. What most people did was replace with std struts (eg KYB) and springs.

If your struts are ordinary hydraulics, get on to KYB (good). If you want better, Koni

Mitsubishi often use the same components. For example, the 89-94 Eclipse has the same strut as the 93-95 Expo/SpaceWagon, just different spring rates and height. The KYB replacement strut is the same for both.

You Sigma probably has the same struts as the Galant or perhaps the Spacewagon / Chariot. The spring outside diameter is probably the same (there's only three sizes), but the free length and wire diameter will be different.

Koni inserts (adjustable) are about double the cost of KYB, but very good. The strut casing has to be modified slightly.

I'd advise going to a performance suspension garage and explaining the problem. They will be able to come up with a less expensive solution than your Mitsu dealer.

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS