Help with 1.4i Xsara estate needed please.

Hi Gang.

Recently bought a 1999 T 1.4i Xsara estate.

I knew it needed brakes and cam when I bought it and that the exhaust rattled.

I work for a College here in Nottingham and we have a Motor Vehicle Department so therefore they did the brakes (=A344 all new all round) Cam (=A329) and fixed the exhaust (Custard creams...).

Since I had the brakes done about 10 days ago the engine management light has been coming on. It appears once every trip to and from work (8 miles each way), and goes out after approx 1 minute.

Also the rattly exhaust has come back (Especially in reverse).

The car has served its purpose now (We bought it as a stop gap until our Scenic arrived) and therefore I want to sell it, but sell it straight.

I have noticed that the exhaust fumes are still there even when warm, but it is NOT using any oil or water.

My thought is either the exhaust is loose again or (Less likely) the brakes being replaced have caused an ABS sensor to become faulty?

Thanks in advance

Alex

Reply to
alcot33uk

Just to let you know it's now fixed, I got under the car and tightened the exhaust and hey presto! No more light! I saw on the exhaust down pipe that it was loose so 30 secs later and a nut.......

Reply to
alcot33uk