V6 engine.

Is there much hassle transplanting a magna V6 into a 1986 magna. Just an idea rolling around my brain.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Yes, lots. Briefly, you need engine + ECU, manual transmission (forget an automatic), axles, brakes, wheels and tires, exhaust, radiator, and all sorts of wiring, and various modificed and fabricated engine mount stuff.

Can it be done, likley yes. Its not a job for the faint of heart or technically challanged.

If you need to ask if this is possible, you don't have the skills and experience to do this.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Not everyone in this newsgroup know what a Magna is but it is ALWAYS a hassle putting a motor into a model that never had that motor as an option. Putting a V6 into a 2.6L TR (92/93) would be an easier excercise. Gearbox, driveshaft lengths, exhaust routing, brake booster clearance, cross members and a whole lot of other issues. Then there are the Australian registration (may need an engineer's certificate) and insurance issues as well.

I would suggest you trade it in on a decent TR V6 (93/95) which can be had for around AUD$5000 - $6000 from a dealer, hopefully with a warranty. You may get something as a trade-in on yours. A far better proposition than the type of transplant you propose.

Also for our North American friends, you may want to check out

to see what Magnas from 1985 to now look like. You can also see the source of the current Pontiac GTO, known locally as a Holden Monaro, but that is a bit off topic.

For info, the Diamante is a rebadged, left hand drive version of the Australian Verada which is the top end version of the Magna. They also come in a constant 4WD version with 3.5L V6 24 valve and sequential shift gearbox. The Mitsubishi Australia web site is

where youcan find some nice EvoVIII images, screensavers, etc. Ian

Reply to
TDM