Will not Fire..

I have a 1995 Eagle Talon ESI with a 2.0 DOHC. It just died on my way to work. It wasn't getting spark. I have put a new Timeing Belt and it started, However a couple days letter it did the smae thing. A bought a Chilton book on it, and got the Codes 12,( Air Flow Sen) and 44( Ingination Power Transmiter (Ingnition Module). Here is my Problem were is the Ingnition Module located? I have looked under the hood but unable to find it. Could someone Please tell me.. Thanks G

Reply to
mcgillg

If thats the same thing as the Engine Control Unit, ECU, and I think it is, it would be mounted vertically in the middle of your dashboard close to the firewall, say about right behind where your radio would be.

There's also a control unit for your transmission that is tricky to find, its mounted horizontal in the same area and just under the rug, and just to the right of your accelerator pedal on the middle hump, but the ECU is vertical and in the middle of the dash with I think 2 or 3 screws holding it.

They are notorious for leaky capacitors, which can be replaced. There's a few online articles about those. You can also call one of the rebuilders or suppliers if you need help finding it.

GK

Reply to
GK

On my 1G Eclipse there are power transistors near the coil pack, perhaps they are the same as the ignition module. Since the ECU is reporting multiple codes I would check for something they have in common, such as power source. You will need an electrical schematic to troubleshoot it.

Reply to
Gyzmologist