Location of Ingnition Module

Have have looked and still unable to find Ingnition Module. Can someone direct me in the right area Please!!!!!

Reply to
mcgillg

No idea where it is specifically on your motor, but on many cars the ECU (which usually does the ignition) is in the passenger cabin to give it a more benign environment than under the bonnet. On the Charriot (Space Wagon) it is on the left hand side panel (RHD car - try the other side on a LHD) in the foot well. You need to take the bottom plastic panel out and you find it up and under the dash. It was in almost the same position on an MG Montego that I used to have so tucked away under the dash somewhere is a good place to start looking. BTW - you usually need to be double or triple jointed to get to them!

Hope that helps - Good Luck!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Miller

On a UK RHD Carisma the ECU is up under the left hand side glove box, mounted to the side of the car in A pillar area. The actual HT ignition module on this car is buried in the base of the distributor ....

While I'm at it, the ECU for the auto box is >> Have have looked and still unable to find Ingnition Module. Can someone

Reply to
C W

I have looked under the dash and still can't find the Ingnition Module. The car is a 95 Eagle Talon 2.0L no-turbo. Also I'm getting another error regarding the Air Flow Sensor. In the book it states its in the Air Flow housing???Thanks everyone , I'm hoping someone can answer these questions...

Reply to
mcgillg

If its the same animal as the ECU, Engine Control Unit, you will find it in the dash behind where the radio is or would be, mounted vertically.

If you get stuck ask one of the places that rebuild them and sell them on the net.

I've taken the ECU out of such a car and it is there, while the Transmission Control Unit is horizontal below it under the carpet a bit, both over the middle hump inside the car.

GK

Reply to
GK

Still no luck, I got a picture of it from NAPA and look everywhere that have been told to look still no luck... Any Idea's where else they would hide. Thanks

Reply to
mcgillg