A good days work

The BX has been running really rough recently - kangarooing at low speeds and rough idling. Done the usual stuff (leads, plugs, cap, rotor arm etc) so was determined to get it sorted today.

So I've replaced the leaking rocker cover gasket which should hopefully stop smoke puring out of the engine bay in the mornings as it was leaking onto the exhaust, and also stop the plugs getting covered in oil. I've also removed the inlet manifold and given it a bit of a clean, including the injectors. Whilst that was off I cleaned all the electrical connections under it, plus the injector connectors, TPS connector, AFM connector and some of the other loom connections. Then put it all back together with new manifold gaskets.

Just been out in it for a quick blat and it's now idling smoothly, theres no hesitation or juddering at slow speeds and it seems to rev a lot better and is feeling a bit faster. Well happy!!!!! :D

Also I've now got the black 16v ready to go in for an MoT check tomorrow to see if it's worth fixing up. And I've also changed the oil and filter in the MR2.

Time for some well deserved beers me thinks

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Well after a few beers last night the work started this morning. Have given the black 16v a good going over and with any luck it should be fixable for around £100 which will be a result. Also attacked it with a pressure washer so it's looking a bit better now:

any interested in buying this beast once she's all sorted (in the next couple of week hopefully!)?

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Carl Gibbs wittered on forthwith;

I like that. Had a BX GTi 8v yonks ago and still kinda miss it.

Tonight I was seriously considering a Xantia Activa if I can find one... I'd even think of importing a V6 Activa...

Reply to
Pete M

That looks pretty smart for a BX.

Reply to