After having sitting arround for months.....

Fitted the MBC last night. Guestimated where it was set to, took it out for a run, let it warm up, and got 12-12.5PSI in 3rd/4th/5th (for setting up purposes).

The ST185 has fuel mappings for between 12-14PSI max depending on

1) temperature 2) fuel quality 3) atmospherics

before the fuel cut kicks in. Decided that might be a bit close to the wire for a 15 year old 146k miles car. Backed it off 1/2 a turn. Now boosting all gears at 10PSI, instead of 6 in 1st and 2nd, and 8psi in 3rd, 4th, 5th.

That means half a turn is roughly 2 psi, so I might just give it a quarter turn more. Then it will go upto 11. And 11 is better than ten isn't it. Stands to reason.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Without a doubt :) Does it feel quicker now?

Reply to
DanTXD

A little. Also spools faster because the T-VIS isbleeding off bits of the boost. Boost is being held solid until the ball bearing moves, then it springs open and operates the waste gate.

Last night, came up behind an MX5 having a joy ride. Was going quite quick, normally, I would be keeping pace with foot buried until boost built. Now, spools faster, and suddenly rather than keeping pace, I was up his arse and backing off. This was up a hill on a dual carriageway.

normally the 5 would have been away in 3rd or 4th until boost built and then I would be chasing him down. Not any more.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

sounds cool! that with a manual boost controller? i'd up the boost in mine a tad but i want a phoenix power IC and a apexi AVCR for some dash bling so doubt i'll ever do it haha! car WILL be de-catted this july hopefully! wanna see what it sounds like cat-less with the standard exhaust, if it's not cool enough then a mongoose or if i really wanna be a noisy tosser a blitz will find it's way on there ;)

only mod i have planned really, still waiting for me small letter so reluctant to over spend on anything lately :(

Reply to
Vamp

Go for the Blitz ;)

Reply to
DanTXD

One of these.

I believe a certain mr T Cone bought one from the same seller previously.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I want one of these

Stupidly expensive tho :(

Reply to
Chet

I know the guy who owns that company. He spent Aus$100k modifying a 4 door

1992 Corolla.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Any pic's?

Reply to
REMUS

Nah. It has been in a few magazines. Personally I thought it was a total waste of money.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Nah you shoul've bought the one from plc_trading. He's thoroughly tested all the ones on the market and now uses and sells the one he found to be best. I've seen the bootfull of random MBCs he has and I've been out with him during "test runs" he's a bloody nutter, well maybe not but his car is nutter fast. Mind you I think he's charging more than the =A314.99 you paid these days.

Reply to
fishman

Funnily enough, I I bought my Samcos, brake hoses, and trd bits from the guy who built

Don't know if he spent the equivalent of $100kAUS on it, but with your exchange rate, probably.

Chet: SARD do a similar one (boost gauge and dual stage EBC in a 6mm gauge pod.)

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

The ones he has on now are essentially the same thing, using a brass T=20 piece instead of an aluminium cylinder. Only real difference is how well=20 the spring holds back, and how pretty it looks. Mine was grey which goes=20 quite well with a dirty red GT4 engine bay, stained alloy engine bits=20 and blue hoses. The shineyness of Brass might have been a bit too much.

The action is rock solid too. 10PSI on the nail. 12 was rock solid too,=20 but with fuel maps only covering between 12-14PSI, and the chance of=20 boost spikes once I get the Decat fitted, I've decided that I want some=20 safety leaway. I don't want to be fitting a metal headgasket and forged=20 pistons yet. It will only give me ideas to go further.

I mean, if it was apart, there are always big valves, JUN cams, TD06=20 ballbearing turbos with screamer pipes and external wastegates.

And I have to stop thinking about that sort of thing, and get the Car PC=20 built.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Sleeker GT Phwoar

And you are right, that was who Albert bought from.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Those cars rock. And actually have performance. He spent Aus $15k on chroming. And Aus$20k on a bodykit. And good knows what on a stereo. His is running a mildly supercharged 4AG that would be lucky to see a 14 down the 1/4 mile. Show pony. I remember rocking up in my GTR and asking him if we would like to race for money. He turned me down. : )

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I do like Adrians 200MPH Corolla. It looks just right on the road.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Got a model name? SARD stuff is silly hard to find on google

Reply to
Chet

I don't mate sorry, but I'll try to find one on the GT owners club site

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar