ashley pipes?

Just orderd an "Ashley" full system and K&N 57i filter for my Sierra DOHC

2.0i. I hope the 2 will work well together (the cat will be gone). Even if it don't make a whole pile of performance differance it will sound cool.

Are Ashley exhaust's any good?

Reply to
Marty

Of course, what you really mean is 'it drowned out the death rattle from the CVH tappets' ;-)

Tosser.

Reply to
SteveH

Cancel your order!!! Ashley pipes are 100 % crap.

Reply to
Ricky Gervais

His whole tone sounds familiar. Are you going to ask him about his underpowered £12k RS200, or will I?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

;-)

Reply to
Simon Burrows

Do you not think that it might have been a good idea to ask *before* you bought them ?

Reply to
Lordy

They are popular in rallying because they do help with power and flow a little, sound a lot better, and cheap to replace when they do rot through (mild steel ones), and I believe even though they sound so much deeper, they pass the noise regs for motorsport events.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

A bit late, now, heh.

They rot. They sound good on the Ka, but they rust away, so they need replacing . . . :(

Reply to
DervMan

Care to elaborate at all??

joyrider

LOL !

Perhaps you should try READING this ng. The folks here do not favour "silly bolt on mods".

Reply to
Nom

No more than the stock system though, and they're cheap enough to replace. Unless you're willing to stump up for a stainless system, it's not something you can avoid.

Hmmmm, I've always got a few years from full exhaust systems - longer than I keep my cars !

Reply to
Nom

I was 17, skint and the exhaust on my 87 XR2 had rotted away. The cheapest replacment was the Ashley. From the moment it arrived I could tell that it was crap. I guess you get what you pay for but this really was nasty. As with all fords the 'knuckle' part of the pipe swang free where the clips were not tight enough even though it was refitted 3 times.

It lasted just short of 9 months before it went again. Avoid.

Reply to
Ricky Gervais