a bunch of questions/troubles

Hi, I have a number of problems that I have questions about. I appreciate any possible help and/or suggestions. I have a 94 reg cab,
4x4 p/u, w/ a brand new 22re w/ 4000 miles, a lce efi pro cam-shaft, lce header, 2.25" exhaust through hi-flow cat, muffler. Also, a k&n filter charger. A new Luk clutch was also installed at the same time as the engine.
1) I haven't used the a/c in about a year (I live in Colorado). I started using it and it worked okay, except for the fact that it wouldn't blow cool air when the truck was idling. Then, when I would turn on the a/c switch, while the car is running, it would make a loud squeling sound. The pulley coming out of the compressor (I think) doesn't turn, the belt squels and smells like it's burning. My guess is that the compressor is shot. Any ideas?
2) At about 48-52 mph, a whistling sound is noticably audilbe. I think this only happens on acceleration. I checked the k&n filter connections, the cb whip, and the connections on the exhaust - nothing. Any ideas?
3) This one is difficult to explain - thought i'd throw it out anyway. On occasion, when driving in 1st to 4th gear, I will hear a somewhat loud rattle/vibration. I can't isolate it, as it only happens when driving and only for 3-5 seconds. Again, I checked the exhaust and header for leaks and secure bolts - nothing. This was happening before the new engine was installed. I know this is a vague description, my main worry is that it may be something in the driveline (u-joint, cv, driveshaft, etc) or the transmission.
Thanks for any possible help. Jason
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Jason McDannold wrote:

Totally off topic, sorry about this, but how much did you pay for the engine, and where did you get it? I have an '85 Celica that takes the same engine, and the car is in such good shape I'd like to put a new engine in it.
I apologize for not being able to offer any suggestions.

It's a Jasper engine. If you're not familiar w/ them, check the net, they have a really nice site that goes through their entire process. My local 4x4 shop has had a lot of experience w/ them and said that Jasper could modify some stuff to make the engine more compatable for the new cam, etc. My mechanic put the cam in the engine, installed the engine and the clutch. I think the engine install, cam, etc, came to about $3500. Jason

On 3 Aug 2004 13:56:24 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@ufl.edu (Jason McDannold) wrote:

Probably just the pulley has totally failed. That happend 6 months ago on my '93 Explorer. I started the truck up after spending an hour or so in a store after a long ride. Upon startup I started noticing strange sound, the tach was pulsing between 800 and 1200rpm, and after 30 sec (horay) smoke from under hood and burning rubber sound. I turned it off and opened the hood and (horay) the AC pulley was glowing bright red! I called AAA and they towed it 40 miles back to my garage. My pulley was seized, and the garage charged $180 to install a new one. My compressor is also kind of crappy by now, so I unplugged it so that it will just act as a thing for my belt to spin around.
You could still buy a belt for an Explorer w/o a/c and install it and just bypass the pulley altogether. Too bad your garage didn't suggest this. Slik
(Jason McDannold) wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Oh well... the friggin 'sploder left me stranded again today. Clutch cable broke, clutch went to the floor. Tacoma time tomorow, looks like.